Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenate every 2 rows into 1, based on account numbers

Kavya132017
8 - Asteroid

I have a data where all the debit account numbers are same("1" in attached data), and there are 2 different credit account numbers("2" & "3" in attached data). There is always a pair for each transaction.Single person can have multiple transactions of same amount too.

example: 1&2, 1&3.

Debit & Credit are currently stored in 2 different rows. I need to merge them into single row for each transaction, by identifying the pairs.

Attached is sample data & required output

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kavya132017 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1682693946391.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Kavya132017 

Here's how I'd do this:

OllieClarke_0-1682693947699.png

I've made the recordId pair all the rows - as I think this is what you're after - ideally there'd be a combination of fields which gives that unique grouping, but this gives the right output

Ollie

Kavya132017
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much OllieClark, that worked.

Kavya132017
8 - Asteroid

Can you please help me,How can I get other related columns into the output data maintaing the same logic? updated the sheets and attached

Labels