Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing multiple excel files

npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

I have a use case where I have two folders Old_Folder and New_Folder 

New_Folder has three files (a.xlsx,b.xlsx,c.xlsx)

Old_Folder has same three files (a.xlsx,b.xlsx,c.xlsx)

What i need to do is to compare each file(Eg: a.xlsx in new and old folder) in both folders and see if there are any records that got changed overtime. In similar way once if i run the workflow it should compare the data for all the files in the two folders and give an overall report where i can see all the records that got changed overtime. 

Regards,

Naveen.

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
npeddagorla
7 - Meteor

Hello @Emil_Kos ,

I understand that this macro can help me compare the two file but i need the macro that runs iteratively comparing one file after the other.

Regards,

Naveen.

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @npeddagorla ,

Without knowing the details of your data, I put together a workflow that should work for you once you tweak it to match your specific use case. It pulls the file paths and feeds those into a batch macro for comparison. The output shows each file, the original value, the new value and whether or not the two match. From there the sky is the limit - you can summarize mismatches by file, filter to which ones do/don't match, etc. Let me know if you have any questions.

kelsey_kincaid_0-1611090640579.png

kelsey_kincaid_2-1611090671263.png

Labels