Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing fields between 2 different files (Alteryx Version 9.1...)

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm currently working on a non regression test project where I have to compare data outputs from Simcorp Dimension.

I have different types of Inflow and Outflow files containing different fields each time.

My question is if there is any way to make a generic program that can automatically read fields when I input different pairs of file types and compare the fields between the two.

What my goal is: compare if there are any changes between the 2 files and have a report of what those changes are.

Does Alteryx have a functionality of this type? It would save me a huge amount of time since I have to create items for all asset classes for my client. 

So far what I have bene able to come up with is:

Compare files module.PNG

Regards,

T

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@T-Dub,

Please download this macro from the gallery:  https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/CReW-Delta--Alpha-/5b41141b826fd3116445fee8

It should help you to choose which fields to compare and provide you with details concerning which fields have changed, how often they changed and what the before and after values are.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
T-Dub
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew

Thank you for the link to the macro, however I work for a very big public owned insurance company in France, so, double whammy, it takes for ever to get any thing done or updated in large corporations and everything in France takes for ever. 

Import error Alteryx.PNG

You wouldn't happen to have anything backwards compatible with version 9.1 by any chance? I am always faced with incompatible modules when using Alteryx and my current version.

Best regards,

T

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Just thought of something. If there isn't a way to use a backwards compatible macro would it be possible to screenshot the wireframe used to build the macro?

T-Dub
7 - Meteor

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
If you open the macro with notepad, you can change the first 2018.# to 9.0 and save.

The macro will run fine for you then.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
T-Dub
7 - Meteor

Thank you !

Labels