Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Combining sheets with diff schema and certain columns not duplicating

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

How do I combine 4 sheets from 1 excel report together but account_details and subject_details sheet only want the account# and # listed once in joined excel report since it is listed in both these sheets?

thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

it worked sort of ---there are 2 black boxes with question marks? what are those the macros?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

what file should be selected in the dynamic input? since I have alot of files?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

The 2 black boxes with question marks are after the filter contains sheet names

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Since you opened the workflow itself, not the exported one, it loses the reference to the macro file. You need to reinsert the macro on the workflow. Right click on the canvas > Insert > Macro and browse to the location of the XLSX Opener file. Then you need to set the FileName on the macro configuration area. 

gabrielvilella_0-1668621832944.png

For the Dynamic Input, I believe you can just run the workflow and the error will go away. If you do not want to see that error again you need to select the file under the template area.

gabrielvilella_1-1668621924719.png

While selecting the file you need to set it to grab the list of sheet names.

gabrielvilella_3-1668621990952.png

gabrielvilella_2-1668621975289.png

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

ok, I almost got it I think!!

I need the case details and Item details to be union /joined too tho?

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

ok but I do need the dups to show of when a acct# 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Can you provide a sample of what you are expecting based on the input file you provided? 

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

I am needing one row for each

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Maybe this is what you want? You will need to adjust the same things again to make it work. All I did was remove a few tools.

Labels