Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Checking whether a condition is met and go with True or False workflow

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I am having trouble with a loop condition workflow. Since i am new to alteryx, i am not sure whether it needs a macro (iterative macro e.g) or it could be solved by normal solution. 

My case is i would like to check on the Level column whether this client has enough 3 levels, Senior, Associate 2 and Associate. It must have 3 level before proceeding to another workflow. If not, then it has to go to another input and perform some calculation to fill up until it has 3 level in it. Initially, i have completed some calculation to get to this output, then check if the output contains 3 levels. 

I have tried using Filter tool and Count if the Level is >= 3 but it will not continue working if the Level is only 2 in my False output. I have also researched and tried Iterative macro but it seems that that macro needs an Macro Input, which is different from mine since my input is from prior calculation and can not become an input. 

Thank you in advance and excuse me for the wordy explanation!

HungCuong_HCM_0-1607335620357.png

7 REPLIES 7
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @HungCuong_HCM,

What is your deisred output? 

You need information yes/no to know if you need to run another workflow? 

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Hi @Emil_Kos ,

My desired output will be the Level column to have all 3 level of staff, Senior, Associate 2 and Associate. 

Thanks!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@HungCuong_HCM 
I am sorry but still dont get it.

Can you increase the volume of sample input and give your desired output?

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Hi @Qiu @Emil_Kos , 

Sorry. Let's me clarify: The undesired out put will be like this, contains only Senior and Associate and missing Associate 2. Then, i have to go to another workflow to pick an Associate 2 so that it satisfies the 3 level involves in the output like in the second picture.  

The desired output will have 3 level, Senior, A2 and A as the second picture. 

My current workflow process is in the last picture. Hope it clarifies! Thanks a lot ! 

HungCuong_HCM_0-1607342570833.png

HungCuong_HCM_1-1607342689890.png

HungCuong_HCM_2-1607343539430.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@HungCuong_HCM 
Maybe something like this?

1207-HungCuong_HCM.PNG

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Hi @Qiu ,

Thanks for your answer but what if my Output is only contains 2 Levels, such as in the picture below, Senior and Associate. How could i create some kinds of warning and tell it goes to a specific direction to take the Associate 2 level. It likes checking if the data in a column if it contains all 3 levels, if then then go to 1 direction, if not go to another direction. 

Thank you!

HungCuong_HCM_0-1607429529606.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@HungCuong_HCM 
If only level two, it goes to the not desired output, and you can connect your next flow.

Labels