Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Change the names of multiple files from the same folder

Snord
6 - Meteoroid

I have 50 files in a folder that I want to rename. The files in the folder are constantly changing and being updated, so I want to be able to change the file names as they are updated. The idea that I have now is to use the directory tool to bring in all the file names, the RegEx tool to pull the specific portion of the current file name that I want, and then export it via the output tool. However, I'm unable to configure the output tool to rename the files. I tried updating the configuration at the bottom to be "Take File/ Table Name from Field" and "Change File/ Table Name" but that is not working for me.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@ArtApa  LOL.  When I downloaded it most recently, I forgot to change one of the default expressions that I need to modify. 

Labels