Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Challenge proposal : Build a macro to validate data with an expected data structure

Julien
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everybody, 

Here's my problem : I always need to check that the data files (.csv) sent by my client has a valid structure (number of columns, data type, mandatory values, max field value length, etc...) before applying my data blending workflow.

Today, this validation process is done semi-automatically with Alteryx by forcing the data types with a SELECT tool (and analyzing warnings in the log), by testing each max field length, or by using multiple formula tools for complex test.

I have a dream : A macro with 2 input : 

- The data to check

- The expected structure (field type, min & max length, null value authorized)

and 1 output

- The full errors list (why not a table with only the values that does'nt match with the expected structure) with, ideally, the cause of the error

This kind of macro would be SOOOO useful !!! It's a really casual problem I encounter :)

I really don't know how to build this king of macro... could you please help me ?

Have fun !

Julien

10 REPLIES 10
saniyamirza5
5 - Atom

Hi Julien 

I find the files have been archived or deleted. Can you please share them with me?

Labels