Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Chained App List Box not refreshing

sakimur1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there,

I created a chained app of two analytics apps; however, List Box in the second app gets refreshed seemingly random and it gets refreshed and works once in a while but it does not get refreshed most of the time.

I have been using two sample input files back and forth to check if the List Box gets refreshed properly.

I greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me fix this issue!

Thank you very much!

Sara

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I didn’t download the zip file since I’m on my phone, but I answered a similar question yesterday here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Chaining-Apps-Error/m-p/1095797/emcs_t...

Check this out and see if it works!

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@sakimur1 - the input to the apps wasn't included, so I couldn't test/replicate fully, but it looks like @alexnajm is correct. His solution to the other discussion applies here - when you create the file for an interface tool, you want to connect to an external source

OllieClarke_0-1678795250398.png

So in your first app, you create this file (using a summarise to make a name value pair)

OllieClarke_1-1678795272043.png

And then you can read this in as your updated source of the list box.

The set up you'd made in theory should have worked, but the above way of doing it would mean you don't need to worry about cross-tabbing changing values.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

sakimur1
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you both @alexnajm @OllieClarke  very much, was struglling with it for the whole afternoon but now it's working perfectly!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Fantastic! Please go ahead and accept the answer(s) that helped you the most as the solution for your question 😊

Labels