Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot upload to SFTP

aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have tried 3 different methods to upload a file to an SFTP site but all have failed. They were:

-The SKOPOS SFTP tool (currently only the download tool is available

-The invisio SFTP macro tool (on the Run Command section, it says it cannot find the "temp.csv" file and when I create one in the designated folder and then hit run again, that folder disappears and another generates without that temp.csv in it)

-The recommended Alteryx way of converting a csv into a blob, then using the download tool to connect to the SFTP server.

I would like to use the third option as it seems to be the most promising, but for some reason the error I keep receiving is "Couldn't connect to server." The URL is sftp.[company_name].com/Inbound and I have entered in my username and password, so I am not too sure why it can't connect. Private keys are not needed and the file does successfully convert into a blob.

aarabian_0-1627389700206.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated because of all the forums I've read so far, for all 3 of the above mentioned options, nothing has really helped me solve this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

After adding "sftp://" to the beginning of the URL, I now have a new error: "Error transferring data: Error in the SSH layer." Now trying to figure out what this means!

aarabian
6 - Meteoroid

As suggested in another article, I then appended the port number, ":22" to the end of the URL and that seemed to work.

Labels