Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cannot save or move Excel output files

KateC
8 - Asteroid

I don't know if this is an Alteryx setting when writing Excel files or if it's something on our system, so I'm reaching out here and to our IT. Issue: I cannot edit, copy, or delete Excel output files. I get an error saying that I need permission.... from MYSELF. This is especially annoying with developer testing, if I want to delete a file in order to troubleshoot my workflow and write the same output again. Or move the file to another location. Or perform side by side comparisons within the file and then save it. I am denied from doing anything but opening and closing. I tried editing permissions on the properties and I can't do it. So, I don't know if it's something that Alteryx is putting into the properties when it writes output, or if our system is doing something dumb. Has anybody else seen this?? Also it's not every Excel output and I can't identify a pattern. 

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KateC I am not sure this has to do any thing with Alteryx. Lets try a few options

1. Try to turn off the AMP engine and run the workflow

2. Before the output tool put a Block Until done tool and try to run the workflow

Raj
16 - Nebula

@KateC 

It sounds like you're having trouble with permissions for the Excel files that Alteryx creates. This could be because of different settings or permissions in Alteryx, your computer, or your user account. Here's what you can do to fix it:

1. Check Alteryx Settings: Make sure you haven't accidentally set any restrictions when you're telling Alteryx where to save your files.

2. Look at File Details: Take a closer look at the details of the Excel files causing problems. Check if there's anything unusual about how they're set up.

3. Try Different File Types: If Excel files are always causing issues, try saving your data in a different format like CSV or TSV instead.

Labels