Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Cannot create new files using output data tool

kams01
6 - Meteoroid

I recently updated to version 2023.1.1.123

this issue is regardless of output file type (excel vs DB). The below example is with using Alteryx DB which recreates the DB every time the workflow is ran

Then I started a workflow created in a previous version (last version of 2022). The workflow ran fine until the end where it is supposed to update a DB. The workflow stated the DB was updated but the file did not contain the new data. So I decided to delete the DB so it would rebuild it. It did not, gave me an error that "the system cannot find the file specified"

So then I decided to recreate the output tool, added the file name etc. and hit ok. Hoping it would just rebuild the file as that is what its supposed to do anyway. Once I reran the workflow, I keep getting the following error:

File not found. Check the file name and try again.

Why is it looking for a file if the file does not exist? Did anything change in 2023 version of Alteryx?

6 REPLIES 6
cpet13
11 - Bolide

@kams01 for the output data tool, in the tool configuration window when you click Set Up a Connection, choose Files then Select file in the top-right. Choose the destination where you want to save it, then in the File name section, type in the name of the file you want to create, then click save (see screenshot).Screenshot 2024-07-17 100516.png

kams01
6 - Meteoroid

That is what I am doing but I keep getting the same error

Screenshot 2024-07-17 122521.jpg

kams01
6 - Meteoroid

it seems it has to do with the folder as its under one drive however the files are all local and synced to onedrive. not sure why this changed after updating from 2022 to 2023

Is there a spot where I need to make access changes?

kams01
6 - Meteoroid

Updating to 2023.2.1.194 has not helped

cpet13
11 - Bolide

@kams01 hmmm...I'm not sure. I know that for my organization, we have shared drives which have to occasionally be updated to allow Alteryx to read/write to a folder in the drive.

Sorry, I'm not sure what else it could be.

kams01
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!

Upon further looking with the IT department, it seems its related to an internal change within the security policies that were pushed earlier this week. Other users within my company are having the same issue. So most likely will be resolved shortly. Thank you for everyone who chimed in

Labels