Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can Alteryx detemine which container to run based on date?

KateC
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow that is generating a report for one group on the 1st day of the month and a different group on the 2nd day of the month. Each group has it's own needs regarding format, which data to include, etc. so I have the initial data pull, then the workflow branches out into two different containers, one for each group. I need to set up the workflow so that it will run the appropriate container on the appropriate day. Seems like a job for an analytic app? I've done a couple of analytic apps so far but they both require the end user to make a selection before running. Note - this will be on our server and will be scheduled so it has to run on it's own - no selection criteria from users. Is this possible?  Any tips? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Would something like this do what you need?

AdamR_0-1681742188490.png

So filter the data out based on the day of the month?

Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
KateC
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Adam! I was just coming here to say I figured out a non-app way to do it, and this is what I'd done. Great minds think alike!

Labels