Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calling/running a sql query present in excel from alteryx

NehaYadav
6 - Meteoroid

Issue is that there is sql query in excel which we need to call and run that in alteryx.

How we can do that because every time  sql query will be updated and we need to run that sql query.

13 REPLIES 13
NehaYadav
6 - Meteoroid

NehaYadav_1-1635772250654.png

NehaYadav_2-1635772623641.png

In the screenshot you see value of the variable is sql query without where cluase but in the excel file it is there with where clause. 

Requirement: what changes we do in sql query in excel it should pick up we should not have to update our code everytime.

Doubt:

1.why full sql query is not coming?

2.what changes we do in sql query in excel it should pick up we should not have to update our code everytime:-

what we can do in dynamic input tool to get this result as output is showing  table full record not the results with filter condition? .

KINDLY PLEASE HELP SOON REALLY URGENT.

NehaYadav
6 - Meteoroid

Kindly please post your suggestion on this i stuck over here

NehaYadav
6 - Meteoroid

can anyone please suggest solution for getting 100 records instead of 120 records as i tried all ways but not working?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Neha - without seeing the data and without the full query - this is impossible. I'd strongly recommend running the query as written in Alteryx in another SQL program (or natively in your DB) and see the results. Alteryx should have the exact same results as whatever your query would give you natively or in DBVisualizer/etc. The problem is probably either with your expectations of the data (there are 120 results) or the query itself - and neither of these can be solved by the community.

Labels