Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calgary backup (BAK) files

BenBald
5 - Atom

Hi, I inadvertently wiped out my calgary database and would like to use the backup (".bak") files to restore it from a prior version.  I've tried the following: 

1. Added ".cydb" to the end of the file name so the full name would look like "filename.cydb.bak.cydb"

2. Did the same thing to a few index files I want to use..."filename.cyidx.bak.cyidx"    

3. Removed the ".bak" from the cydb and cyidx files 

None of these worked.

It looks like #1 worked with adding ".cydb" to the end of the database file but it can't see the index files...no matter what I do to the index file names.  The error I get is: "The file "Monthly-Logins.cydb.bak.cydb" does not have an index named "Login_Month"....even though I changed the name of the index file to "Monthly-Logins_Login_Month.cyidx.bak.cyidx".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BenBald 

Try removing the extra cyidx.bak from from the index filenames i.e. make them just filename.cyidx.  The main file is looking for an file called filename = "Monthly_Logins_Login_Month", extension= ".cyidx".  What you have is filename = "Monthly-Logins_Login_Month.cyidx.bak" extension =".cyidx"

Dan 

BenBald
5 - Atom

This got me on the right track but it is so weird because I tried that before.   This time around it didn't work either; But! after making the change I set the large database file back to ".cydb" and it worked.   So all files are back to their original file names after removing the ".bak":   "Monthly-Logins.cydb" and "Monthly-Logins_Login_Month.cyidx".   Go figure!  It must have been cached...

Thanks Dan!

Ben

Labels