Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Building a workflow to chase upcoming and overdue tax returns via automated emails

JourneyToInspire
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm working on a project where I am looking to automate the sending of emails to chase overdue and upcoming tax returns.

The following five workbooks provide the following redacted information:

1 - Upcoming tax returns dataset (a list of companies with tax returns coming up and corresponding due dates for the tax return, with those due for submission within the next month highlighted in Yellow).

2 - Overdue tax returns dataset (a list of companies with tax returns that are overdue)

3 - Company emails (a list of companies alongside the respective emails of who I would want to send a chaser email to)

4 - Upcoming tax return template email (a template email I would want to automate for all upcoming tax returns)

5 - Overdue tax return template email (a template email for automation for all overdue tax returns)

From my basic knowledge of Designer and research on the community, I believe the start of the workflow would be as follows:

For upcoming tax returns: 'Input data' (1 - Upcoming tax returns dataset) -> 'Date:Time' (add a column to calculate the number of days from today to the tax return submission due date)

For overdue tax returns: 'Input data' (2 - Overdue tax returns dataset) -> 'Date:Time' (as above, but calculating the number of days past the deadline)

Then I know there is the 'Email' tool which can be automated to send emails, but it'd be really helpful to know what the next steps in the flow would be for each of upcoming and overdue tax returns:

In each case, would I connect the 'Date:Time' tool to a 'Join' tool with the other side being a third 'Input data' tool for the Company Emails workbook, followed by a connection to an 'Email' tool?

Am I then able to import each of the template email workbooks into the 'Email' tool? And if I am, can I use the information from the cleansed datasets to find and replace the [X] for number of days until each tax return is due alongside the corresponding company names?

When the workflow runs once complete, will I be able to export all draft emails generated to a folder ready for sending?

I thought I would ask the community first before spending lots of time and not getting very far. Would this flow work, or am I missing a key step?

I really appreciate any help in advance, thank you.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels