Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Browse Tool View More Than 10,000 Unique Values

krameraaron
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm using the Browse tool to quickly gather summary statistics at various points throughout a workflow.

One of the useful features of the Browse tool is viewing the number of unique entries in a certain field, but the feature is limited to 10,000 unique entries (see the screenshot below).

Is there a way to view the number of unique entries in a field through the Browse tool if it exceeds 10,000 entries? I've been resorting to utilizing a Unique tool coupled with a Browse tool to accomplish this, but if there is a setting somewhere that I can use to increase the limit to ~50,000, that'd be preferable.

Thank you for your help!

krameraaron_0-1653585856918.png

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I know that your goal is via browse tool, but you could also use a summarize tool where you do a count distinct on the column(s) of interest to see the number of unique values. 

krameraaron
5 - Atom

Right -- that would probably be slightly cleaner than using the Unique tool, but it'd be great if the user could change parameters regarding limits in the Browse tool.

Labels