Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Beginner needing help with first file - getting Null

freinerd
Météore

Please see my attached screenshot.  I don't know what to do next as I keep getting  Null and no data.  Can anyone please help me?  Thank you in advance. 

3 RÉPONSES 3
Prometheus
Quasar

@freinerd It looks like your input file has headers. You can configure your Input Data tool to start on the first row that includes the column headers you want to keep by changing the number after "Start Data Import on Line". The default is 1.

Headers.PNG

Headers Start Import at 10.PNG

freinerd
Météore

Thank you!  I changed the input data tool from the 1 to 2, then kept changing up to number 10. I hit refresh then run and still Null. I also used the Data cleansing tool and that helped somewhat, but I am still getting Null.  I have attached the first page of the excel file I am connecting to.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  Thanks for your suggestion and help. 

Prometheus
Quasar

@freinerd Try this one. When you have headers like this, you can configure the Input Data tool to start reading in at a certain row, but you have to know that you're going to lose a little info, such as "TRANS" from "TRANS CODE" and "VOUCHER" from "VOUCHER NUMBER," unless they're not really on different rows and have an embedded newline instead. That's easily fixed by parsing, but this should work for you. 

Étiquettes