Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

I have a daily report that accounts for todays date in logic. Based on today's date it derives some other dates which are passed into the dynamic query to get the results. Now, I'm required to put a monthly view together. The requirements is that if I run it in the first week of this month then it should pass each date from previous month into the logic and aggregate the result set into a single file. Is it achievable by a plugging in another macro rather than changing the entire logic and re-validate?

2 REPLIES 2
mst3k
11 - Bolide

sounds like you have the right idea? from your descrpition it sounds like you could take your existing process, put it into a batch macro, then feed a list of all the dates from prior month through that batch macro to recreate the results of every day of that prior month?

and then you would just need some kind of formula or detour or some way to change the behavior whether today is within the first week of the month or not

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Doable - Have you looked at using the Date time format's %W parameter for Week Count. It will help you aggregate weeks by date.

Labels