Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Advice

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Hi, i have raised a previous issue:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Iterative-Macro-Help/m-p/12560...

and i realise i have to enhance it based on the following scenario:

i have the following dataset in the picture attached, where i need to transform the records into the following output as attached, group by the different categories, where each category has different number of line items.

I would like to make the workflow dynamic so that each category has its own template and can process different number of line items, showing different number of L rows.

I would like to ask how can i make use of a batch macro to do that. I have attached a workflow for reference.

Kindly seek your advice on this. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
16 - Nebula

@josiahgoh 
i see that it is marked as done on the link?

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

@Raj hi raj, it was completed for a different issue. This new post is an enhancement based on the previous issue.

Raj
16 - Nebula

@josiahgoh got confused by question title "Follow up"
my bad.

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

@Raj no worries. I have edited it. Hope to seek some advice from you or others in the community.

Raj
16 - Nebula

@josiahgoh 
Macro updated this will work dynamically

Please like and mark done if works for you>

josiahgoh
7 - Meteor

Awesome, this works thanks!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels