Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automate where condition in a Sql query with system date

iRm
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have searched for this topic in the community and am not finding what I am looking for. I am also very new to Alteryx advanced functions and have learned this tool on the job.

I have a date field ABC that looks like this: '2017-07-07 00:40:08'

This field is being used in a query but currently I am hard coding it. eg. where ABC >= '2017-07-07'. But I want to automate it.

I am trying to add a logic to my query to look at current date and subtract 2 months from it. So basically I want to start from July 7th.

I researched and found that there is a dynamic input tool that may suit my purposes. I have different things like follows:

1. Create a new field Mydate which is defined as DATETIMEADD([DateTimeNow],-60,"DAYS")

3. Then in the query use the following clause:

Where ABC >= Mydate.

Is there a better approach to do it ?

Thanks so much! This site is awesome with so many helpful/knowledgeable people for beginners like me! Please keep up the good work!

3 REPLIES 3
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @iRm

What you've described is exactly how I would do it.  The last step is to select the "Modify SQL Query" radio button, and then Add > Replace a Specific String...

scr1.png

and then replace the string "myDate" with the value from your input field "myDate"

sc2.png

Hope that helps!

iRm
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! 

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Sorry for not being clear - it's in the lower portion of the Config Panel for the Dynamic Input.

Labels