Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assign Week number by generating a separate column in the dataset

udles5666
8 - Asteroid

Hi community, 

I am stuck with a query in the attached workflow. 

All I am trying to achieve is assign week numbers for the Source_first_name last_name field for them to book meetings.

The tricky part is that their shouldn't be any clashes in the week numbers. For example if -  

Source_first_name last_name = Abigail Reed meets first_name last_name Adelaide Thomas in Week 1 then they both become unavailable for Week 1. 

Can someone please help me solve this? Please let me know if any further info is required. 

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
udles5666
8 - Asteroid

hi @Qiu 

Apologies for the delay in response. Different time zones 🙂 

The pairing definitely match but the week numbers unfortunately, does not tie up to the desired results.

As an example: Adelaide Thomas will catch up with Abigail Reed in week 1, then he is not catching up with anyone until week 31. 

udles5666_0-1606684013876.png

I think Philip has solved a very similar problem last week. I slightly changed my raw data structure and was able to achieve what I wanted. I will close this thread as a similar one is identified. Thanks a ton for the effort you had put in as that definitely helped solve the half piece of the puzzle. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Coffee-Catch-ups/td-p/667991/page/2

udles5666_1-1606684169306.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@udles5666 
Glad to know you have solved the problem and thank you for the mark even it did not completely match what you need.

Have a nice day!

Labels