Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Any way to Impose formatting of 1 dataset to another?

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Consider 1 dataset with

ABC

And another with

A C

A,2,C are colored in second data. Alignment is similar as 1st. And the cells are empty corresponding to 1,B,3 as visible.

Now if I want A,2, and C colored in the first output data as well while leaving 1,B,and 3 as it is.

That is the output data formatting of 2nd dataset must superimpose itself on 1st dataset.

Both are the final outputs generated in 2 parallel workflows but the actual final would be the 1st output with the formatting (cell color) of the 2nd.

The actual dataset would be around 10 columns and 4000 rows but the concept remains the same.

Any way?

4 REPLIES 4
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ShantanuDagar 

This can be achieved using the Basic Table tool.

Coloring option is possible with this tool.

Hope it helps!!!!

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @ShantanuDagar 

Adding to my previous solution where you can use the Basic Table tool, here is the perfect link found very useful to you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Table/ta-p/49555

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Yeah, but how to selectively color ?

Using formula? Replicating the whole logic of 2nd workflow in each separate column?

As Idt there is an option to add a formula for a whole table to logically color

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@ShantanuDagar 

1. You need to add any new character when that value is available in both inputs.

Like A$

1$

C$

2. Then in the formula you can color only if the cell contains $

You can approach via many ways. But based on the dataset. If I work with $ and then when the same is already available in your dataset it wont get the correct output.

Hence, please select the character which is not in your dataset.

Hope this helps!!!!

Labels