Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx not found the transaction but it is there.

Kate13122
7 - Meteor

Hi folks,

could you please help me why Alteryx is ignoring some of the transactions? I have for example transaction: RITM8304351 and Alteryx is ignoring it. when I am trying to find this transaction I need to remove the last digit and after that, Alteryx can find it even when I write back the last digit. I tried to cleansing tool to remove possible whitespace, changing the format to v_wstring  I am desperate already. This is causing issues with the join tool as the join tool can not find some of the transactions and the output is not correct. both files are xlsx. 

Could you please help why this is happening?

thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

What are the exact values on both sides? Are they the EXACT same (spacing, case, value, etc.)? Please provide us the both from both sides so we can see it - it is going to be a value issue not an Alteryx issue

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

First, please don't panic. As @alexnajm says, it is most likely a value issue - because the Join tool only works if it can detect both sides to be the exact same, and not "likely" same. 

Please provide relevant data to this use case, and kindly provide your criteria in as much detail as possible. If you have a workflow built halfway, kindly export that over as well.

To export a workflow go to: Options > Export Workflow. Kindly do NOT send a "Save As" copy.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Kate13122
7 - Meteor

Hi @alexnajm  and @caltang thank you for replying, I adjusted data to keep anonymity but I kept my original workflow. I exported flow but I attached all inputs what I am comparing. as example you can use transaction RITM8304351 or RITM8312644.

thank you once again for help.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

In the workflow you've attached, RITM8304351 and RITM8312644 appear in all three inputs.  However you're joining on both reference number and order ID, and the order IDs don't match.  Joining on just the reference number has no problem with these transactions.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Exactly as @Christina_H said - if you are joining on both reference number AND order ID, both have to match. Looking at the data, you will likely want to use a Unique or Summarize tool to get rid of duplicates, but it'll still not join unless you remove order ID from the Join configuration / refresh the data.

Kate13122
7 - Meteor

Thank you all! I understand where the issue is now. :😊Once again thanks a lot :) 

Labels