Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx inDB SQL - help with interpretation and update option

MROGK
8 - Asteroid

One of the prev. techs in my team put in this formula for date extraction. This date pulls data only from Dec 20, how do I interpret this expression and update as needed. ..say for data from Dec 01 or Nov 01? thanks

MROGK_0-1641242028692.png

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I think you can just use "PRODUCTIONDATE" >='2021-11-01' AND "PRODUCTIONDATE"<'2021-12-01' - if you want entries during the month of November.

also you don't need to be in an action tool... I'm not quite sure what's going on here - but that was probably originally a dynamic interface component and this was probably part of an app  (although it could have been part of a batch macro)...

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

The code is actually saying....  the user enters a date, I'm going to take the year value, subtract 1 (so 2022 becomes 2021) then append 1220 ... to get 20211220 and read that as a date yyyymmdd

To stick with the original intention of the code, but make the changes you want, I would simply change the 1220 to 1201 (for Dec) or 1101 (for Nov)

Labels