Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx app based on two possible user map input

olehr
8 - Asteroid

I have problems doing the following in an app. The app allows the user to either choose a point on the map or choose a point and draw a polygon on the map. If the user only chooses a point a default trade area will be made around the point and will be used as the 'universe'. However if the user selects a point and draws a polygon the polygon will be used as the universe and the point selected will be shown in output as well. 

I though of the following but cant make it work.  

3 REPLIES 3
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @olehr,

I think there are a few ways you could do this. I thin the radio button you have is definitely an option. You can put each way into containers and then when a radio button is selected you enable that container and then it will have the information contained there. The other option is to use a macro within the app that would distinguish if they chose just a point or a point and a polygon and then do what is needed using detours. Here is what the app would look like with containers:

cplewis90_0-1609892795278.png

cplewis90_1-1609892824412.png

I also attached what it would look like with configurations (not exactly what you have). All you will need to do is add in the other components like the reporting tools and the join on the option where they also draw the polygon.

olehr
8 - Asteroid

Awsome! Out of curiosity how would you build a macro that recognizes when a point is chosen vs when a point and polygon is chosen? 

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

You would do a count records and send that to a control parameter and then leverage the detour tool. It would operate similar to the way the above would work, but the front end interface would be a single tool so it makes the User experience a little easier. Froma  maintenance and creation standpoint it would be harder for sure.

Labels