Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Interview Question

Santhosh_Sangar
7 - Meteor

Can someone throw some lights on Alteryx Interview. Will it be describing our Project Workflow or something else.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you mean an interview for an job that uses Alteryx Designer or an interview with the company Alteryx Inc?

Santhosh_Sangar
7 - Meteor

I was referring to a Interview for a job that uses Alteryx Designer. 

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Of course depends on the company, but I've been asked things like

- Describe your most complicated workflow

- Where have you used Alteryx and how has it benefited the company?

- Do you prefer curved or straight connectors?

- What's your favorite tool (mine's the Find Replace because it's often faster than a join, neater than a join and has much more functionality than a join)

- What practices do you do to ensure proper functioning of your workflows (think using the testing tools and proper documentation with comment boxes and annotations)

All the technical questions (like how does the unique tool work, difference between datetimeparse() and datetimeformat() functions and how would you do a full outer join) will probably follow similar lines to what you get asked in the Core and Advanced exam. Definitely recommend you attempt to get the Core and Advanced certification if you haven't already as you'll learn a lot doing so, it looks good and it's free.

Santhosh_Sangar
7 - Meteor

This really helps thanks for your inputs 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels