Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer - Transpose / HLookup Equivalents

easher
5 - Atom

Hello - I am trying to cleanse and manipulate this listing of data that I have. Its essentially a transpose and hlookup. This seems to be working well in excel but as this is just the beginning of what I'd like to do with the information and so I was hoping to do everything within Alteryx. You can see the input file that I have and the output file is what I am trying to achieve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

easher_0-1636581834734.png

easher_2-1636581860170.png

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @easher ,

You can use a transpose tool configured as shown in the following screenshot

AngelosPachis_0-1636582743859.png

That will reshape the data in the form you are after. You can then use a select tool to rename the name & value fields to asset type and amount respectively.

Cheers,

Angelos

PhilipL
Alteryx
Alteryx

@easher 

See the attached example. It looks like you want a Transpose and a Formula to reformat your currency column, (assuming you wanted to display commas and dollar signs)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels