Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Designer/RInstaller Error: Package or namespace load failed for 'stringr'

ravichandras
5 - Atom

Hello,

I had installed an Admin version of Alteryx Designer/RInstaller software and when I run regression models, I run into the namespace load failed error. 

ravichandras_0-1683646677296.png

Windows OS

R version that came with Designer: R-4.1.3 

I also see the stringr library under the R tree. 

I am guessing I had to reinstall the R stringr library. If so, can someone help me guide through the steps.

Thanks
Ravi 

7 REPLIES 7
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @ravichandras.

It may be easiest to close Designer and attempt a fresh installation of the latest version of the R tools:

acarter881_0-1683651288397.png

ravichandras
5 - Atom

Previously I installed the non-Admin versions of (Alteryx Designer/Alteryx Predictive Tools). This morning, I uninstalled the non-Admin versions and installed the 
Admin versions of Alteryx Designer (Admin Version) and Alteryx Predictive Tools (Admin version). Just wanted to let you know that the error that I reported is from the Admin version installation. Note that I got the same error from the non-Admin version as well. I believe this is something to do with the OS incompatibility of the R library stringr. I think I have to reinstall the library. Please let me now what you think. Thanks

ravichandras
5 - Atom

I am stuck with a Alteryx Designer desktop issue. It looks like it is focused on R software/libraries (more on this below). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the details of the issue:

1. I am using Windows 10 Enterprise (no admin access)
  2. I have installed non-admin versions of Alteryx and R (Alteryx Designer Version: 2022.3.1.486 Patch: 3)
  3. I run into the following error (see below) with R modules within Alteryx
    1. I previously tried using Admin versions and I ran into the same error

ravichandras_0-1683988025145.png

1. After discussing the issue with John Ferreira; Roger Shiltz, I followed the suggestions from this link (shared by John/Roger),

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Fix-quot-Error-package-or-n...

1. I see both TEMP and TMP in my environment variables list as well as in the SYSTEM variables list
    1. Please note that I do not have system privileges
  2. I also checked that I do not have permission to write on “C:\Windows\Temp”. So, I added a new variable called TMPDIR (because I already have TMP and TEMP variables; see below). Even after making these changes, I still get the same error.

ravichandras_1-1683988025147.png

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time.

Ravi

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Try turning off Amp and re-running.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

If that doesn't work - I'd downgrade to 2022.1 and skip 2022.3. I'd chalk it up to an issue on the R packages used and the tools - talk to my rep, and hope it was fixed in the next roll out.

ravichandras
5 - Atom

Thank you @apathetichell

How can I turn off Amp? 

Ravi

Venkat_Korla
5 - Atom

Hi @ravichandras
I just turned offf my amp engine for workflows and re run the flow. Now it worked.
I faced the same issue. I also removed my previous R-Program which I installed.
If you wanted to know how to turn off amp.
Please refer to this:
https://help.alteryx.com/current/en/designer/workflows/alteryx-amp-engine.html#idp315345

Labels