Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx API call, 302 Found

LEXQ2005
8 - Asteroid

I was trying to do an API call using Alteryx Designer from a company’s internal URL. But I was not able to download anything, run to an HTTP/1.1 302 Found error.

When I enter the URL in a web browser, it shows below (partial):

*Removed Image*

The Download tool result is:

LEXQ2005_1-1628593897594.png

I also attached my Alteryx workflow to this post. 

10 REPLIES 10
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@LEXQ2005 

There could be some information cut off when you look at the cell viewer from an anchor. drop a browse tool after your download and look at that fields value from there.

I suspect that the reason it works when you place it in your web browser is because it's automatically passing your Windows credentials or already have an authenticated session. The Download tool in Alteryx establishes separate sessions and does not pass any credentials automatically.

You're likely going to need to find documentation from the service provider hosting that web page/portal to see what the requirements are for submitting API requests. Looking at the host of the URL, JPMChase.net (financial services), it is likely going to require more hoops to jump through to authenticate/authorize your request.

Also, you may want to delete the screenshots you posted of the results you get on a web browser... looks like there may be some PII data in there that probably shouldn't be on a public forum.

Labels