Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alert notification

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Hello

I have a workflow with 2 batch macros. The first one is to create a file, and 2nd one is to send an email with the file attached.

I would like to place an alert(and send an email notification) - if the first macro fails - stop and send a notification, if not, continue the 2nd macro. If the 2nd macro fails notify as well.

I use the event alert but it doesn't provide me the result I would like to achieve.

Thanks for your advice
4 REPLIES 4
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Borisham,

With the option on the runtime pane you can stop the workflow:

messi007_0-1629125572422.png

for the Alert you can use the message tool from the developer palette:

messi007_1-1629125648386.png

Hope this helps.

Regards

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@messi007 nailed it. You can also double-down on the "stop running on error" from the checkbox with the Message tool "Error - and Stop Passing Records Through This Tool" error type setting. 

20210816-ErrorandStop.png

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

@messi007 @CharlieS Thanks for you both, that's great.

I just can't find the way to send an email in case of an error, would you be able to explain that in more details ?

Thanks!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Borisham,

For this you have two option :

1- Using the event pane

messi007_0-1629209221014.png

2- Using the e-mail tool you can configure it inorder to pass rows with errors

For more details : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Email/ta-p/32129 

messi007_1-1629209336931.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels