Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Date to Excel file - which having 2 sheets

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, 

I am unable to save the the excel file having more then one sheet with the date.

Ex : I need to generate the excel output name as todayDate+file Name.
Note : My excel output consist 2 sheets.
and  i need to circulate this file using email tool.

I am able to save the file name with the date only if file having one sheet - something missing when i creates the 2 sheets.

if possible, could you please explain me the process for this solution, Thanks.

Jaganmohan_0-1679076702674.png

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jaganmohan Attaching a sample workflow for your reference, this workflow creates two sheets and save the files with the specific format

binuacs_0-1679080173987.png

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your response.

Agreed, but my two sheets having different data and different fields (No Common City Parameter in both the sheets), Thanks.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jaganmohan in that case create separate file path variable with same output file name but different sheet names

binuacs_0-1679095367780.png

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot - Accept as a solution.

JBevan89
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot binuacs - as your solution helped me a lot and solve my problem of putting a date on a file name that has four sheets.  I wanted hypens in the date, so I used '%Y-%m-%d'.  Unfortunately I won't share my solution because it contains sensitive company info.  I do have a minor problem - in that the first sheet of the four does not appear unless I copy it in.  And on the 'Data Preview' of the formula tool it shows nothing, unlike the other three.  But this is not a big problem, and I will try to google to resolve.

Labels