Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding Current Date as prefix and Password Protection to Workbook with multiple Sheets

BENJAMIN2
Meteoroide

Hello Alteryx Community,

I have a workflow that generates four output files with same name. When I run run the workflow, Alteryx combines the outputs into a single workbook with four sheets. I need to add current date in mmddyy format to the workbook name as suffix and password protect it. However I don't want to change the sheet names.

Could someone help me with the Alteryx tool and steps required to add the current date to the workbook and password protect it ?

Any help is much appreciated. Thankyou in advance!

2 RESPOSTAS 2
cjaneczko
Pulsar

This should help with the workbook naming. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Dynamically-rename-o...

As for the password protection, you'll need to create a VBA macro in Excel to password protect the sheet. Then create a BAT file that executes the excel macro. Once thats setup, you can use the Run Command tool in Alteryx to execute the BAT file that password protects the sheet.

BENJAMIN2
Meteoroide

@cjaneczko Renaming the file worked with one issue. its saving the file in some other location. How can I add a user input for file path. So while running the workflow user can provide the file path where it needs to be saved.

Rótulos