Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Feeding SQL Code in the Input Tool with Information

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Hello there,

I have a report that pulls data from the Redshift database using a SQL code - I have this code in the Input tool. I have another input tool that have the names of active colleague's IDs. This list of active colleagues continues to change. Is there a way for me to feed the 1st Input tool (the one with the SQL cd), the list of active colleagues without me having to open the SQL editor and manually add the updated list of colleagues name every time I run this report. 

Kristie_Pires_0-1682454392882.png

The blacked-out names are the colleague's IDs that I manually update every time I run the report. I have multiple use cases hence I am asking if I can feed the Input tool this data automatically. 

If you've accomplished this - please let me know. Thank you 😊

1 REPLY 1
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Kristie_Pires, I’d have a look over my final comment on this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Dynamic-Query-and-Save-name-Fi...

In your case, you’d use a regular input to bring in your list of IDs (from a db table, Excel file etc), then can use something like a Summarize tool to make a concatenated list, and replace the IN () list within your Dynamic Input.

Labels