Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Add Last Day Of Previous Month to .xlsb export

recoilx
Asteroide

I am trying to add a date to the end of the file name when I export data out of Alteryx as an Excel Binary .XLSB file.   When I run the workflow, I always want the date to be the last calendar day of the previous month in the file name.   (I.e.    Myfilename 2023 02 28.xlsb)   What formula should I use?  I can't seem to get the right output as it is always adding time to the end like  Myfilename 2023 02 28 00:00:00.xlsb).   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

11 RESPUESTAS 11
apathetichell
Altair

formula tool - create newfieldfilename

"Myfilename "+datetimeformat(datetimetrim(datetimeadd(datetimenow(),-1,"months"),"lastofmonth"),"%Y %m %d")+".xlsb" - then replace your entire path with that field.

note - kind of winging the formatting but basically take today - subtract a month, use datetimetrim with lastofmonth and then use the formatting tool as needed.

recoilx
Asteroide

Do I add just the name I want or the entire file path like   C:\Joe\Documents\myfilename.xlsb?   Since it's an .xlsb file, it puts a Sheet name at the end of the file name when I use the output tool.  How do I compensate for that in the formula?

apathetichell
Altair

"C:\Joe\Documents\Myfilename"+....+".xlsb|Sheet1"

Full path is needed. if your directory and sheets are variables it would be [directory]+...+"|`"+[sheet] +"`"

recoilx
Asteroide

Hmmm...  Here is what my formula reads, but it is still outputting the file name wrong:

"A:\Report\Combined Report\Combined + address state "+ datetimeformat(datetimetrim(datetimeadd(datetimenow(),-1,"months"),"lastofmonth"),"%Y %m %d") + ".xlsb|||Sheet1"

The result of this formula is:

Sheet1A__Report_Combined Report_Combined + address state 2023 02 28

I am expecting

Combined + address state 2023 02 28.xlsb

apathetichell
Altair

double check bottom corner of your output data - you want this on "replace entire path" my hunch is this on append to sheet name.

recoilx
Asteroide

I made the change as you requested (see attached) and it still produced the same file output 😪

apathetichell
Altair

my hunch is you are modifying this field somewhere else in your workflow - ie you have a second formula somewhere adding your filename to your sheet name. 

can you add a browse tool before your output data tool and see what you are feeding in?

recoilx
Asteroide

The formula tool containing this formula is placed right before the output tool.   This formula doesn't exist anywhere else in the workflow.  see attached

apathetichell
Altair

This could be a super weird .xlsb glitch. Would you mind trying to run as a .xlsx and seeing if this would work as set up? Sorry I'm not 100% sure if there is a glitch issue with .xlsb files - and if so you might need a batch macro work around.

Etiquetas