Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Add HTML header info to output?

jwilds1
5 - Atom

Current State:

Alteryx processes data and outputs the same 3 PDF files every 5 minutes (overwriting the file every time on a network shared drive, one file for each department).  I have a VERY small .HTML file that loads the PDF and is set to auto-refresh the page every 5 minutes as well, using <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300">.  The users of these reports simply open the .HTML page to get live updates of the data.

Desired Future State:

Embed the auto-refresh into .HTML output instead of the .PDF, bypassing the creation of the files. In other words, instead of a small .HTML file that loads the .PDF and auto-refreshes every 5 minutes, I'd like to output the .HTML file that would contain the reports and have *it* self-refresh every 5 minutes.

Is anyone aware of a method to accomplish what I'd like to do?

3 REPLIES 3
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@jwilds1 

hi,

you can try to have 2 workflows running one after another (could be linked in a chain analytical app):

one saves the output in html format, the second one opens it and adds the one line of code that auto-refreshes the file

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1647896944461.png

jwilds1
5 - Atom

Thank you for this.

I was able to do a work-around outside of Alteryx.  I'm just going to use a simple HTML file that has the auto-refresh code and loads the output .HTML files as iframe sources.

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

you are welcome, glad that you solved the problem!

Labels