Alteryx Designer Cloud Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Cloud.

Darshan Hiranandani : can I fill lower rows with data from upper rows based on conditions?

darshanhiranandani
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I am Darshan Hiranandani, I have raw data where ColC contains both values and non values, with the non-values represented as 0. We want to fill the non-values in ColC with data based on specific conditions. Specifically, we need to fill in the 0 values in ColC with information from rows where ColC is non zero, grouped by ColA and ColB.

Regards

Darshan Hiranandani

3 REPLIES 3
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

@darshanhiranandani you can do this with a mutli-row formula tool.

1.sort the data by you grouping and COIC in descending order

2.Use the below multi-row formula to update COIC. Make sure to select your group by fields.

if [COIC] = 0 then [Row-1:COIC] else [COIC] endif

2154.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If this is meant for the Cloud forum, it depends on which mode you have - if you are using the Cloud Native for example, multi row formula tool is not available :/

https://help.alteryx.com/aac/en/designer-experience/workflows/cloud-native-mode-versus-standard-mode...

thomas642daniel
5 - Atom

Hello,

If you're referring to the Cloud forum, the availability of certain features can vary depending on the mode you're using. For instance, if you're operating in Cloud Native mode, you should be aware that the multi-row formula tool is not available in this configuration. 

Besr regard,

Covered CA