Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

See all objects reading from or writing to table

jensroy
9 - Comet

Hello,

Is it possible to open a database table in connect, and then see all alteryx workflows that output to that table or read from it?

If I open a workflow I can see the database table output, but if I open the table, i do not see related Alteryx workflows.

2 REPLIES 2
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jensroy ,

that is weird, because that's exactly how it's supposed to work. 

Do you have any other objects in the lineage? The Nexus diagram can be quite resource demanding and thus there is a limit of how many objects are visible in the diagram. But underneath the diagram all the related objects should be listed.

workflow->table

Opera Snapshot_2019-10-11_094404_qa.semanta.cloud.png

table->workflow

Opera Snapshot_2019-10-11_094821_qa.semanta.cloud.png

Vojta T., PM for Data Connectors
Try our Beta data connectors at https://bit.ly/3Ae8HgY
OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @jensroy ,

yes this should be standard functionality of Connect.

Supposing you have the latest version of Connect (19.3) when you go to a workflow page you should see relatinships visually represented and also in the table view (see attached screenshot).

clipboard_image_2.png

And when you click on the table (on the diagram or in the table view) you will again see relationship visually and in table view (see another screenshot).

clipboard_image_0.png

Of course you need to make sure that you have loaded database under the same name (e.g. oracle.acme.com) as it is used in your workflow.

If you still having troubles, pls share your findings / screenshots so we can help you to debug.

Ondrej

Connect Team