While on the Groups tab, select the ellipses button at the upper right corner of the screen and click on Export to Excel. Save a backup copy of the original file.
On the Group tab of the workbook, copy the record for Certifiers and paste it in a new row. Afterward, change the entryName field for the new Certifiers group. Leave the xid blank, that will be added by Connect later.
In the Administration Console, upload the new file.
Afterward, the new Certifiers group is available for use.
A similar method is available for customizing the Glossary. Please see this article for details: Glossary Bulk Load.
I have followed the steps and able to create a custom certifier group. But when testing the functionality for “Certify” option, it isn’t working as expected, meaning, if I add users to the custom certifier group alone, they are still unable to certify unless I add them to the default Certifier group. My expectation is to have “Certify” ability by just adding to custom certify group alone, without being added to default certifier group. Do I need to do any additional permission changes to get this work?
These steps should enable two independent Certifier groups where the members of the new group do not need to be part of the original group.
1. Select the new Certifiers group
2. In the Search bar enter type:workflow_transition
3. Choose the Lifecycles option that ends with Certify
4. The Scripts section will read (user.getGroupNames().contains("Certifiers") by default. Add the new group. Here is the syntax for an example group called Approvers. (user.getGroupNames().contains("Certifiers") || user.getGroupNames().contains("Approvers"));
5. Click on Edit and Save. You may need to select Edit and Save for the group itself as well.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance needed.
just small note, that you have to do this for every transition state.
On the example which EricWe mentioned, you allowed user certification of an asset without any change. If you want for example decertified that asset, you need to change this one too: