Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Connect API from Alteryx Desginer

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

Connect Friends (Connectors?), 

Has anyone had success accessing the Connect API through designer? I've been poking through this documentation (https://help.alteryx.com/connect/RESTAPIdocumentation/lucene.html) and I have the login piece figured out, but have not gotten any further. I am fairly new to APIs and the connect documentation seems a bit sparse. 

For context, I am trying to retrieve the entry information for tables and columns on one of our SQL servers. We are storing the description information in another location, so I want to marry the info that has already been loaded with the descriptions and reload the updated entries. I've already figured out a way to do this manually (by downloading and excel file of the entry info then processing and reloading) but I would really like to automate the process.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Greg

2 REPLIES 2
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Greg_Murray 

You might be better off connecting to the underlying database which contains all of the information. 

Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

@MichalM 

Thanks for the extra info. I think this will be super helpful. I was able to figure out the API to get what I needed but, this looks like it might be more extensive going forward.