Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.
SOLVED

Can Anyone wak me through the Capstone Project Im completely lost

sar_copp1
6 - Meteoroid

I just dont understand what to do - Can Anyone wak me through the Capstone Project Im completely lost.

I have been using Alteryx daily as an analyst for over 6 years and I just dont understand how to pivot or format the data. i want to cry!

I have done it in Excel, what it the point of that.

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
anshuverma0912
8 - Asteroid

Hey, Could you please have a look at the file attached and let me know if it is making some sense. I wanted someone to review the solution and give feedback.  

I am getting 28 records as final result where as as per Final State file Capstone there are 20 records. Therefore I would like to get it reviewed.

Thanks  

EricaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI Anshu, 

I would be happy to look at your project.  Unfortunately I can't see the data so I'm unable to follow your workflow step by step.  Can you attach it as a yxzp file?  You'll just need to export it, then attach the file here in the post. To do this go to options --> export.  I've attached a screenshot as well for your reference. 

Erica

EricaR_0-1598590717417.png

EricaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Please don't be frustrated.  We're all here to help! Would you like to post the project and perhaps we can talk through the requirements? 

Thanks, 

Erica

anshuverma0912
8 - Asteroid

I am glad that you would be able to help me. I appreciate your help so much!

Please see the files attached. Here "Capstone (1)" is the original file and "Capstone Solution AnshuVerma0912" is the workflow that I designed yesterday.
As per "Final State Capstone" there are 20 records whereas my results display 28 records. I would like to understand the reason for the differences . Also if there is a better approach to design the workflow, would be glad to have a look at that as well.

Thanks once again
EricaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Your command of Alteryx is really good! I love the way you went about this. 

The issue you have isn't technical at all... you missed one word in the instructions... "average".  Before your join, make sure you average the scores from the top by department and question.  That should get you the correct number of records.  Later, drop your filter.  You don't need to eliminate records under 1, just flag them. 

Amazing job with the workflow!

anshuverma0912
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much for all the appreciation. Much needed!! It is really motivating. I am new to Alteryx but now I feel like working entire day on this tool. Once again thanks.