Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

ADAPT Programme Learning

ldean
8 - Asteroid

Dear ADAPT Programme Community,

I went through the ADAPT PROGRAMME Learning Path (now am at something called the Capstone Project). I started to do some Beginners Weekly Challenges before trying the Capstone Project to get some more practice in. I am now very aware that I am not understanding how this programme works. Some of the beginners challenges are using tools that I never used nor learned how to use - RegEx, Multi-Row Formula, etc tools not in the Learning Paths. How can I be expected to know how to use these if they are not included in the programme? Is there another area of the site that teaches these? I want to take the Core Examination and I am worried if these sorts of tools are on there I will never pass. Please help, I am very frustrated and not sure how to continue.

Kind regards,

Lisa Dean

1 REPLY 1
EricaR
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI Lisa, 

I'm sorry that it has been 3 weeks and I just saw this post.  You can certainly learn about these tools on the community site. There is material on the multi-row formula here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p/82872.  Regex can be found here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-Regular-Expressions/ta-p/441412.  When you cick on learning paths in the community, click all lessons.  It's really comprehensive. You should be able to find everything you need.  If the interactive lessons aren't enough, check out the videos which go deeper into each part. If you are still lost after that post a message here and I'll do my best to help you. 

Remember that the core exam is open book... you can have these materials open when you take the test.  The point isn't to memorize everything  but to know how to find things and work through them when needed.  Also remember that you can keep taking it at no cost until you pass.  It's designed to be a tool to help you to learn, so there is no shame it taking it multiple times.  I took it twice myself. 

Good luck and please post back if you need anything.