Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

Introduction and New to the Community!

jimbo1980
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

Just joined up today. Having seen the Mad Money episodes and fireside chats with Dean and the company which peaked my interest. It's a leap of faith in trusting my own internal voice to try new things and get out of my comfort zone. Have been not worked since the end of March and no clear return to work date, currently laid off from the Ritz-Carlton locally as a hospitality professional. Amazing company with staff and management.

Went into the industry because I love to interact with people and the pace of work has a high level of intensity; the job entails multiple priorities at once, multi-tasking. Dealing with guests and getting orders on time, ensure guests are being catered to above what they want and anticipate needs during service. Additionally, having to input data for orders and completing tasks, such as polishing silver and glassware, for the team next shift. Lots of uncertainty in the industry, don't see that the hospitality, travel and leisure industry will be the same as it was before COVID-19 might take a couple years to recover to anything like it was.

More about myself, have an interest in running and have a basic understanding of computers using Windows PC's all my life, past 6 years have used Apple for mobile devices Watch and iPhone for their ease use. Side interests including wine and running to keep my self sane. Would like to be more productive during this time and learn a new skills; so I'm trying Alteryx software for the first time. Been doing research and soul searching and I came across the platform and would like to improve myself for the betterment of society. Excited to be able to connect with like minded individuals in this quest!

Cheers and stay safe,

James

1 REPLY 1
pastrybandit
6 - Meteoroid

Welcome to the community!

Jared

Labels