Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #94: Have we reached Peak Pumpkin?

rachel_lynch
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Have we reached Peak Pumpkin.png

Rachel Lynch
ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

Really fun challenge from using a list of sheets and dynamic input to making an iterative macro to run the two time series on each category and comparing the parameter score. Then thanks to @JamesCharnley I was made aware of the TS Factory Tool downloadable that ran the time series across groups.

Spoiler
Challenge 94 WF Image.png
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

done

mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
will need to redo
daiphuongngo
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-10-09 165143.png

Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

Everest_0-1700547798095.jpeg

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

This has been awesome to revisit!

I tried to build a very dynamic process, but ultimately decided it would be best to work with 1 family of forecast models instead of pooling all of them.

here's my take

Spoiler
ARIMA for the win (ETS fails miserably somehow)ARIMA for the win (ETS fails miserably somehow)the first step was to ensure all files and all sheets are loaded in appropriately, so I built a few macros that allow schema changes, and they work as long as the files are in the same directory as the workflowthe first step was to ensure all files and all sheets are loaded in appropriately, so I built a few macros that allow schema changes, and they work as long as the files are in the same directory as the workflow
Rob-Silk
8 - Asteroid

My solution below:

Spoiler
challenge_94a_RS_screencap.PNGchallenge_94b_RS_screencap.PNG

Please find attached my solution. I used the TS Factory model and forecast tools to simplify the model creation process.

Spoiler
Challenge 94 solution.png

olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

Thank you, @ChristineB!

I don't have R-tool functionality, so my TS Forecast macro errored out, but I was able to follow the logic from the solution provided. 

I leveraged the macros from the solution provided in lieu of my R-tool errors.

2024-02-01_10-12-41.png