Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Kinga
8 - Asteroid

hi,

Please find my solution below,

Spoiler
Kinga_0-1666165450993.png

daiphuongngo
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Challenge #8 Aggregate Consumer Purchases.jpg

ivan_duniak30079
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spoiler!ivan_duniak30079_0-1666290637115.png

mashwani123
7 - Meteor

I have my solution attached as part of onboarding activities!

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Was mind blowing.

Worth spending time on this challenge.

I reached the solution with little lengthy one as I haven't used the Secondary Lookup

dwstada
11 - Bolide

my solutions

Billy_Jones
7 - Meteor

I kept getting the result waaaaaay off for this and couldn't figure out how it was so bad until I realised I'd filter the date to >= "2013-01-07" instead of >="2013-07-01"...

Spoiler
Challenge #8.PNG
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi Billy_Jones,

Always the date in Alteryx is in format YYYY-MM-DD. That's the thumb rule.

I hope this Challenge will help you to recollect the date format in Alteryx whenever you come across.

Congrats!!! Finally you cracked the result by yourself!!!

lyon_abido
8 - Asteroid

Very fun challenge!

I'm off by a bit, but I loved breaking down the logic of this. 

There's a huge difference between filtering your data within the scope of starting on and after 2013-06-01 *or* just after 2013-07-01.

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

I made a first attempt to this challenge 5 years ago. Looking at the instructions again, I read it to be of looking for potential combos where a customer may have purchased a burger with a side and a drink or a pizza and a side and a drink. Since I only wanted to consider these two options, I analyzed how many possible combos there could be by looking at the maximum possible combination of those two.

The results were more than the actual ticket purchases. Please take a look. As you can see on this transaction, there could have been 6 combos purchased because there are always a minimum of 6 sides and drinks.

Spoiler
2022-10-21_13-20-09.jpg2022-10-21_13-17-35.jpg