Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #47: Vehicle Identification Number Test

justynam
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

I learned something extra on this one.

Spoiler
challenge47.PNG
CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

Definitely needed to rethink this one after the first version - 2nd 'go' attached.

Spoiler
47 workflow.jpg
JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

This one was fun.

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

My solution is attached.  I did find it funny that the lookup tables were larger than the data...

But this was a fun little use case.  I really like the variety in the solutions.

Spoiler
challenge_47_completedScreen.jpg

Nice touch @estherb47

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #47.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Fun Challenge.  I like the fact that, like most algorithms that were developed before the wide spread use of computers, it had to be complex enough to catch most errors, and yet simple enough to be completed by hand.  Credit cards numbers and SIN numbers here in the Great White North are other examples. 

And yes, we're assigned number so that are sins can be tracked.  Makes the whole final accounting so much neater than weighing your heart against a feather!

Spoiler
Solution 47.png

Dan

PrivateStorm
8 - Asteroid

My solution to challenge #47 is attached.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Needed help with the Mod function in the formula tool but completed :) 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
3 vehicles have invalid codes:
Challenge 47.PNG