Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #444: World Happiness Report - Special October Takeover

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Banner_WC_October Takeover.png

Hello Community Members,

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here

We are excited to kick off our series of Weekly Challenges submitted by User Group members! Over the next 4 weeks, we will be featuring challenges submitted as part of our Weekly Challenge User Group October Takeover event. Thank you to everyone who submitted their challenges!

The first challenge in this series comes from Jessica Emerson (@jessemers) , a member of the Houston User Group. Thanks, Jessica, for this fantastic contribution!

The World Happiness Report polls over 100,000 people in over 130 countries annually to determine happiness rankings. The main life evaluation question asks respondents to think of a ladder, with the best possible life for them being a 10 and the worst possible life being a 0. They are then asked to rate their own current lives on that 0 to 10 scale (Ladder Score). The columns following the happiness score are variables based on observed data for six factors: economic production, social support, life expectancy, freedom, absence of corruption, and generosity. The report uses these variables to help explain the happiness ranking variation across countries.

The provided datasets include the World Happiness Report data for 2023 and 2024.

Your task is to use the provided datasets to answer the following questions:

• Which year had the highest average happiness score?
  • For each year, which is the highest-scoring country with a gross domestic product (GDP) under 1?
  • Which five countries had the highest average generosity factor over the 2-year period?

Bonus task: How high is your country’s happiness score?

Happy solving!

Data Source: World Happiness Report Data Dashboard

The Academy Team

jialiangzhen
6 - Meteoroid

AWESOME Challenge!!! Can't wait to try this one out!!!

Bobbyt23
12 - Quasar

Fun challenge. I'm happier than the UK only being 22nd doing this challenge.

Spoiler
Challenge 444.jpg
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler

Clipboard02.png

Clipboard04.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor