Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #428: Inspire 2024 – Grand Prix (Lap 1)

kiwiontree
6 - Meteoroid

Screenshot Solution 428.jpg

Screenshot Solution 428_02.jpg

Thanks for the challenge. I am, however, missing the detailed approach in the solutions by milliseconds. Leclerc was a little bit "slower" than Tsunoda. 😄

Tofel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 428.JPG

ScottLewis
10 - Fireball

Interesting example of how building for the case is different than trying to build a robust solution.

Spoiler
There are some bad pairs in the data that represent leaving or entering the pit at the beginning or end of a race. Ideally, you'd cull them before creating pit times. Here, I just let them be and threw out the resulting negative pit times at the end because that was faster. My solution processes the three races separately because I was concerned there would be differences in the requirements. Not going back and unioning earlier is another example of skipping a step for speed. 
fmilliren
8 - Asteroid

Solved, and I also found a couple Pit-Out records without a corresponding Pit-In record.

Spoiler
Challenge_428_solution_image.jpg

Unmatched Pit-Out records.

Spoiler
Challenge_428_error_check.jpg
a640687
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
AnaKomissaroff
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Spoiler
Challenge 428 Solved.png
nancychen
5 - Atom
Spoiler
solution.PNG
tammybrown_tds
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-06-11 152034.png
Carolyn
11 - Bolide

I got there eventually but, uhh, not in under 10 minutes. As soon as I'm timing myself, I forget how to use Alteryx 😁 But I didn't look at the Hint, so I'm calling that a win

Spoiler
2024-06-11_16-18-42.png

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Carolyn 
Felt the same.
Image how would we feel when stood on the stage. 😁