Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #426: Perfect Numbers

fdavy
6 - Meteoroid

Here's my answer

RashedDS
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
426.JPG

TobiasFitschen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge_426.png

 After I was done, I suspected that this is not the most efficient way, but got to learn something after checking out how others approached the challenge.

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar

'Perfect' one to come back to post bank holiday

Spoiler
image.png
shancmiralles
8 - Asteroid

First time to participate 💞

Have to search further on formulas .. you really have to know your formulas ( or be really friends with Google 😆

1000011058.jpg

JeffF
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Challenge_426_JeffF.png
shancmiralles
8 - Asteroid

** on my 2nd solution i have 2 filter tools just to separate the "[RowCount] < [Num] " and "Mod([Num], [RowCount]) = 0" formulas

Pilsner
10 - Fireball

My Solution:

Spoiler
426.png

Carolyn
9 - Comet

I solved this 2 different ways

Spoiler
For the first way, I generated every integrate from 1 to the number, saw if the number was evenly divisible by that number, and summarized. Easy but slow. 

For the second way, I knew that I only needed to test up to the square root of the number, rounded down. For example, if I was evaluating 99, I only need to test through 9. Any other integrates that will divide into 99 would be caught with the numbers less than 99. 9 goes into 99 so it would catch when I evaluate through 9. Then I just need to find its buddy which is 11. If I test all the way through 99, I'll catch the buddy 11 that way, but it's doing more evaluation than I really need to.

It added a number of extra Tools to make that work, but it ran faster and satisfied my inner mathematician, so I'm calling it a win

2024-06-05_13-47-47.png

RyanWade
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Challenge_426_RWade.png