Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #425: Weekly Allowance Distribution

RohanB
7 - Meteor

Solution below

Krzysiek
8 - Asteroid

It could have been resolved by just a Record ID Tool and single Function Tool.

I decided to add a bit of flavor and made a simple macro that allows adjusting Allocation amount.

Spoiler
Screen.jpg
darylljose
5 - Atom

My solution. It's a little bit uncommon, I think.

Spoiler

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

JeffF
Alteryx
Alteryx

I decided to change my solution in to an analytic app where the number of weeks and weekly spending limit can be modified.

Spoiler
Challenge_425_App_Jeff1.pngChallenge_425_App_Jeff2.png
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

My submission!

Matt

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-05-24 140732.png

mkeiffer
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 425.jpg

Hi everyone,

My first approach would be to solve this activity with a Formula tool, and doing the weekly calculations.  In the spirit of the Challenge, I wanted to see if I could come up with a solution without using any Formula tools and using the Multi-Row Formula tool.  Here is my solution!

RagLytics
5 - Atom

Challenge_425Challenge#425.jpg

iracine
7 - Meteor

Fantastic Challenge. Solution attached. 

I can see the value of creating it as dynamic as possible so when there's additional weeks it's easier to maintain. 

Love multi-row formulas! 

Spoiler
SolutionCapture d’écran 2024-05-25 à 2.00.26 PM.png

nzp1
7 - Meteor

SPOILER - I took a simple approach but then I took an approach that would allow the user to change the Constant for the number of weeks to make the solution more dynamic