Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #414: Mastering Date Formats

fesrimo
8 - Asteroid

The Weekly Challenge are very intereting, I was solving multiple of them.

My solutions for challenge Weekly #414

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

Spoiler
Weekly_Challenge_414.jpg
CASaiRam
7 - Meteor

This was a good one to learn some new techniques with date time parsing, regex and different formulas. It was challengingCapture.PNG

CASaiRam
7 - Meteor

This was a nice challenge to explore datetime parse formulas. Your approach has enabled me to explore the date time parse concepts. Thanks.

brette
8 - Asteroid

so many ways to do this but given small scope gone with the quick and easy but maybe not the most elegant

ScottLewis
9 - Comet

If we're going to do this with formulas, we can do better than writing a Contains for every case. The second half of the string is pattern for the first half, so we can find each subfield in the second half and shift the index into the first half to read the value. Although that isn't date format practice so much as substring practice. Still, it works as long as the input matches the pattern of 10 chars data,10 chars pattern.

Workflow is the same one formula and a sort as several other responses, but the formula is 

Spoiler

substring([Date Field],FindString([Date Field], "yyyy")-11,4)
+"-"+
substring([Date Field],FindString([Date Field], "mm")-11,2)
+"-"+
substring([Date Field],FindString([Date Field], "dd")-11,2)

MaxWilliamsBoko
5 - Atom

Solution attached

a-gonzalez
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-06-14 095310.png
Towers
11 - Bolide

classing this as a one tool solution 🤣

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-06-19 195122.png